Source: About . com
by Ken Little
There are five basic concepts women new to investing in stocks need to know to be successful. These concepts range from the psychological to the practical and once you accept them, you’re ready to begin learning about investing.
The concepts are:
- Investing in stocks is not a “man’s” game.
- You already know more than you think.
- You should invest for your retirement.
- You should avoid being too conservative.
- Learn and practice asset allocation.
Some of these concepts, like the last two, clearly apply to every investor, whether you are a man or a woman. I single them out for women so they will pay particular attention to them as they begin the learning process of investing in stocks.