The fastest way to accomplish a goal is to find someone else who has achieved your goal and do what they do. Simply copying is not sufficent. You must understand the process behind the sucess. Let’s take a look at Oprah’s process.
Oprah’s success has not come easily, but rather as the result of a number of crucial factors:
- A Goal-Oriented Focus: “You become what you believe,” says Oprah. “You are where you are today in your life based on everything you have believed.” Oprah’s single-minded focus allowed her to concentrate all of her time and energy into achieving the life of her dreams.
- The Ability to Overcome Diversity: Having experienced much abuse and adversity as a young child, Oprah developed the survival instinct at an early age.
- The Ability to Recognize and Seize the Opportunity: “I don’t believe in coincidences,” says Oprah. Listening to her gut instinct has allowed Oprah to take advantage of numerous opportunities, which otherwise might have gone unnoticed.
- A Sense of Responsibility to Others: Early on in her career, Oprah asked, “How can I be of service?
- The Courage to Follow her Passion: “I was called to talk, to use my voice in some way,” says Oprah. From the very moment that Oprah discovered her natural flair and passion for broadcasting, she directed all her energy toward feeding that passion. It was her passion for what she was doing that drew people in and made her so appealing to audiences worldwide.